Virus attacks cost people and businesses millions of dollars a year in lost productivity and instances of data theft and corruption. If your system has been undergoing a noticeable loss of performance coupled with a significant reduction in internet access speed, then you might be the latest victim of Personal Internet Security 2011, a particularly vicious specimen that corrupts your system, eats up its resources, and rifles through your personal and financial data, using your own internet connection to send it out to cybercriminals and identity thieves. Before you act to remove Personal Internet Security 2011 from your PC, you need to know what actions you can take to keep your PC from being infected in the future. Steps you can take include:
- Keeping away from Adobe software and websites that use adobe plug-ins. The software is very popular but is easily compromised security-wise, and has become a popular virus delivery-system.
- Being careful when it comes to visiting the various social networking sites. There are lots of malicious apps fraudulently posing as games or quizzes. Be careful what you click on!
- Avoiding free programs and shareware from unknown sources, particularly programs that offer a service that seems too good to be true. Do some research before downloading a program. When in doubt, just skip it entirely.
With your system safe from future infections, you can now focus on removing Personal Internet Security 2011. The manual process involves some time and effort in order to get it right. Leaving even a trace of the virus might not restore full system functionality, so you will need to delete Personal Internet Security 2011 and everything that is even remotely associated with it. To get rid of Personal Internet Security 2011 you will need to:
- Track down and delete the virus’ processes. These.exe and.bat files contain the binary code instructions that these viruses follow.
- Search for all.dll and.lnk files associated with the virus. These malicious system files are what the virus uses to manipulate your operating system into giving it system resources and access to your files. These files need to be completely deleted.
- Clean up your system’s registry of all entries made by the virus. The directories named HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER are most likely to contain a majority of these corrupted entries.
The process to manually uninstall Personal Internet Security 2011 from your system is also a risky one, as deleting the wrong file could result in a system crash. For this reason, Top computer engineers and programmers rely on automated virus removal tools to do the dirty work for them at a fraction of the time for no effort at all. These tools also actively protect computers from future virus attacks and browser hijack attempts. Get a free scan today and you too, can enjoy this level of protection, allowing you to surf the web without having to worry about viruses, browser hijackers, and all other forms of malware.